Photobooth Software Update
this manual helps you updating your software.
Updating the software can fix problems and add new features. A list of changes for each version can be found here: https://github.com/xtech/self-o-mat/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
- USB Stick
- The current self-o-mat Photobooth Software (selfomat.update file).
You can get the latest version here: https://github.com/xtech/self-o-mat/raw/master/release/selfomat_v2.x/selfomat.update
- A bit of time
- Shut down your photobooth
- Plug in the USB stick into your computer and copy the selfomat.update file onto the usb drive. Important: Do not rename the file! The file must be named selfomat.update
- Eject the USB drive from the computer to ensure that the file was written completely to the drive
- Plug the USB drive into the photobooth
- With the USB drive plugged into the photobooth, turn it on
- The update is starting automatically
Important: Do not turn of the booth during the update! Also do not remove the USB stick during the update!
- As soon as the update is complete, your booth will reboot using the new software.
If it doesn't work:
- Try another USB stick
- If your booth starts into the software and does not start the update automatically, head to the self-o-mat app and enter the update mode from the settings.
- The USB stick must be formatted properly. Supported filesystems are: fat32, exfat, ntfs
- If it still doesn't work, try reinstalling the base system.